Sunday, December 2, 2007

Thanks Bruton!

Concord/Cabarrus County are only hiring maintenance positions. No analysts, no HR positions, no strategic planning, only cops and maintenance. Now I do believe that a cop is more useful than a Budget Analyst and that someone in facilities maintenance is as useful as a Budget Analyst. But still.....

I'll just have to work for Charlotte/Meck County. Sure, it pays more, I'll have better benefits, an easier time being promoted and the behemoth of resources that comes from 750,000 taxpayers. And I'll be able to eat food that I want to eat rather than going to Moe's five times a week.

It would be nice to at least CONSIDER working for my hometown.

Oh well. I guess you can't give 60 million dollars in incentives AND give me a job. I hear you, Charlotte. I'll be there in five months.

No comments: