Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Disgusting

Mike Huckabee is on CNN, giving an interview while pheasant hunting. Why is this legal? Shooting defenseless birds for what purpose, exactly? Aren't factory farm chickens and turkeys enough? Do we really have to slaughter every type of animal in the world?

Huckabee, being Huckabee, cracked jokes during his hunting trip. "These three birds..." Huckabee says, pointing to three dead pheasants, "said they weren't going to vote for me on Caucus night. See, if you vote for me, you live."

Is this scary to anybody else?

I'm so sick of these millionaire Republicans going off and playing hunter. (And for that matter, John Kerry and any other Democrat that hunts can f themselves). First of all, hunting is supposed to be used to supplement your food. Some people in this country genuinely don't have access to enough food. Some people genuinely live in areas without nearby grocery stores. Some people genuinely lack enough money to regularly buy meat and they use hunting to supplement it. MIKE HUCKABEE DOES NOT NEED TO HUNT TO SUPPLEMENT HIS DIET!

He's probably not even going to eat the animals he kills.

I'm a vegetarian for ethical reasons. And the largest reason is that I don't NEED to eat meat to supplement my food. I have easy access to large amounts of fruits, vegetables, breads, etc. Mike Huckabee doesn't NEED to supplement his diet with pheasant or deer or whatever other defenseless animal he gets off on killing.

And the fact that he JOKES about killing defenseless animals is disgusting. I will say right now, that I will not vote for any candidate that goes hunting. I will not vote for any millionaire that acts like they NEED to hunt. It is disrespectful to people that GENUINELY NEED to supplement their diet with hunting, in addition to being offensive to myself. As far as I know HRC, Obama, Edwards, etc, don't hunt like that idiot from Massachusets. But if I see someone with a D next to their name, I'm going to abstain.

No comments: