Monday, December 10, 2007

I heart Huckabee (not really)

Sometimes, in my darker moments, I think, "I could vote for a Republican. I'm not really that partisan. I'm just waiting for Bloomberg to run, blah, blah, blah."

I know its not true. I'd never do it. Well, unless there was a pro gay rights Republican. But it turns out that pro gay rights Republicans are called "Democrats". Anyway, I look at Mike Huckabee and think, maybe I could get behind this guy.

Mike Huckabee for the record is:

1. Against torture (how did this become a litmus test in The United States of Orwell anyway?)
2. For preventative health care.
3. Less hateful of immigrants, depending on the day.
4. Very charismatic.
5. Not George W Bush.


In our new country, the USO, a guy like this is a breath of fresh air. He won't torture and might not invade Iran! He's practically George McGovern! I think he used to read Marx!

But then Mike says stuff like this:

"If the federal government is truly serious about doing something with the AIDS virus, we need to take steps that would isolate the carriers of this plague."

What decade is this? Seriously? Quarantine AIDS patients? Don't let them out in society, God forbid!

My God.

No comments: