Monday, December 10, 2007

Sweet Beautiful Irony

Dr. James Watson is what is scientifically referred to as a "douche bag". His major contributions to science have been validating idiotic racist thoughts. The Noble prize winning geneticist is "inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa". Why? Because "black people, overall, are not as intelligent as whites".

Now Dr. Watson is about a million years old, and I'm not going to hold being a racist against him. I mean, he shouldn't be a racist, but I'm pretty sure that if you're white and you were born before 1950, its kind of unavoidable. So the fact that he thinks black people are unintelligent is unsuprising, seeing as he was born, I'm assuming, in 1823, and as, I'm assuming, a cousin of Thomas Jefferson, he couldn't avoid being an ignorant racist.

But in the subtle, moving way that God works, the Almighty, I assume, told Dr. Watson to allow his genetic code to be researched. And it turns out that Dr. Watson is 1/16th black, meaning one of his great grandparents was of African descent.

I'm not sure what this means. But I think that Dr. Watson has two choices: Either race doesn't have an impact, or he's actually 1/16th dumber than he thought he was.

No comments: