Monday, October 29, 2007

What I want

I'm getting old. The older I get, the more I drift away from my family and the more I march towards stability. That's all I've wanted for a long time. I don't think my family is horrible, I'm just too old for a bunch of nonsense. I don't want to stumble home from a strip club at 2 in the morning. I don't want to go to awkward family dinners where we all pick on my youngest brother.

Here's what I want:

1. A cat (check).
2. A stable job (check).
3. A job I actually like (working on it).
4. A dog (working on it).
5. A house (working on it).
6. A partner/wife (working on it).
7. A child (not working on it, but I will eventually).

I feel like I'm doing pretty good so far. And by this time next year, I'll be able to afford a house, a dog and I will hopefully have a job that I like.

Here's what I don't want:

1. Drama.
2. Instability.
3. Nonsense from my family.

I've pretty much insulated myself from all of that. Its not that I don't love my family, I just love myself. So I'm not going to put up with a bunch of abuse and nonsense from them.

I don't know when all of this is going to fall into place. Hopefully sooner rather than later, but I don't have that much control over it. I do have control over going to work, going to school and, basically, handling my sh-t. So that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to take care of my cat, take care of my masters and take care of myself. I let God work out the long term details.

No comments: