Tuesday, October 30, 2007

So stressed

I've almost broken down like ten times today. So much crap has happened today and its getting to me.

I'm working three jobs and I'm only doing really well at teaching my stats labs. This is my most important job, so that's good. But my other two are sucking. My econ development job is going fine, its just taking a lot out of me. I really dread getting up tomorrow, going to Kannapolis, and dealing with a whole days worth of that nonsense.

As for UFS, I actually got scolded today. My boss didn't say she wasn't happy with my work, but she said I could do a lot better. I'm getting penalized for stuff I can't control. I told her I couldn't go to a meeting on Thursday because I have to teach a stats lab. Her response "I know its important to make money but..." Um, no. If I don't teach my lab on Thursday, no one else can. I already asked. There are only three people in the whole department who can teach the labs and I am one of them. If I don't teach the lab, I have to cancel it. And I can't miss a lab to videotape a meeting. And I told her this a long time ago.

She says I did well on my grant research. Um, yes, because this is what I was in control of. I also got in trouble for not analyzing data which I couldn't access because of confidentiality reasons. How is this my fault? How am I in trouble for not analyzing data that I'm not allowed to analyze? Then I got in trouble for not analyzing survey research that I wasn't even told about. Is this some sort of messed up joke?

Next, I had to give written notice to end my lease today. This is fine. I don't want to live in this crappy apartment anymore, plus Hunter is moving out. I'll just get my own apartment. Which is fine. I'm just stressed out because I need to find someplace new to stay in December. The biggest complaint I have, really, is that I will have to live in an apartment for at least six more months, which means I won't be able to get a dog because of every complex's ridiculous pet fees.

I'm also coming down with a cold, while being cold in general. I am totally exhausted because of this, and I really can't handle getting a bunch of grief right now. Plus, Chloe is sick. I got her some medicine, but I'm still worried about her. I'm also incredibly worn out from my budgeting class.

But its okay. I just need to keep pushing. I am in a better place then I was five years ago, and I will be in a great place in five more years. I just need to keep pushing and working hard. I'll keep working hard at work and in class. I'll figure out a place to move to in December. Chloe will get better and I will get used to the weather.

I wish some Republican bigot would have sex with a dude so that I can feel better.

No comments: