Monday, October 29, 2007

My white trash nadir

The awkward flirting of 19 year old Office Max girls made me think of what is quite possibly the lowest point of my life. My white trash nadir, if you will. I didn't recognize it at the time, although I probably should have.

So I was supposed to go out with this girl. She wasn't incredible special but I liked her for some reason. Probably because my mind was clouded with pot smoke and a desperate desire to escape my family. Anyway, we're supposed to go out. But we can't.

Why?

Because I'm so broke, I don't have a car. (My mother actually said, "Choose college or a car. You can't have both". Thanks Ma).

But wait, why didn't she just drive?

Because she had a DUI and could only drive from home to work!

Is that not the most white trash thing......ever?


Somehow, I've escaped all of this. The fact that I've learned to walk upright, and I no longer fling my feces at other people may in fact be a miracle. Every night, I must pray......"Thank you Lord, for saving me from my white trash background. Thank you for granting me grace when I didn't deserve it. Here is your cut."

No comments: