Friday, January 4, 2008

No blue collar work for me

I had furniture delivered today. The guy carried a giant chair up a flight of stairs by himself. Then he and his partner carried a big couch up the stairs. He said that my apartment was stop number 9 of 14. I couldn't do that kind of work day in and day out.

My older brothers both work for beer reps. Sometimes they have to stack kegs. And they have to stack kegs three high. So both of my brothers can left a keg straight up, and stack it on top of two other kegs. I couldn't LIFT a single keg, let alone stack them.

I really do admire people that do blue collar work. Because I couldn't. I would much rather sit at a computer all day. I do think that my brothers and the delivery guys work a lot harder than I do, and I'm thankful for that.

No comments: