Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My God

Lisa Schiffren, who writes for the New Republic, is curious about Obama's background. Basically, she says that since he is the product of an inter-racial marriage, he's the child of Communists. Seriously.

"...all of my mixed race, black/white classmates throughout my youth, some of whom I am still in contact with, were the product of very culturally specific unions. They were always the offspring of a white mother, (in my circles, she was usually Jewish, but elsewhere not necessarily) and usually a highly educated black father. And how had these two come together at a time when it was neither natural nor easy for such relationships to flourish? Always through politics. No, not the young Republicans. Usually the Communist Youth League. Or maybe a different arm of the CPUSA. But, for a white woman to marry a black man in 1958, or 60, there was almost inevitably a connection to explicit Communist politics...Time for some investigative journalism about the Obama family's background, now that his chances of being president have increased so much,"


I have no idea what to write first. Doesn't the New Republic have an editor?

I'm going to go throw up now.

No comments: