Tuesday, November 13, 2007

More Fun With Numbers

As of June, 2006, we have 2,245,189 prisoners held in Federal or State prison. That's 2.245 MILLION people. Are you kidding me? I understand that some of these people should be in jail, and I have a few people I wouldn't mind seeing locked up, but are you kidding me? 2.245 MILLION PEOPLE.

Another fun fact, from the Leftist organization that is the US Department of Justice (those Bush officials are bleeding hearts!)

"At year end 2005 there were 3,145 black male sentenced prison inmates per 100,000 black males in the United States, compared to 1,244 Hispanic male inmates per 100,000Hispanic males and 471 white male inmates per 100,000 white males."

Seeing as black males are 6.7 times more likely to be sentenced to prison then white males, I am left with two theories.

1. Black males are, for whatever reason, more prone to crime.
2. The justice system, believe it or not, may actually be racist.

Two guesses which one I believe.

By the way, we have five percent of the world's population and twenty-two percent of teh world's prison population.

No comments: